One thing I did like is the idea of having a panel of judges. Last year I made some decisions and basically said things like "So... since an individual blog was nominated for best 'Group Blog' anyone mind if I simply throw out the nomination?". Having gotten no objections I proceeded with my best guess. A group of people deciding seems more appropriate.
One thing I would like to get some feedback on prior to any nominations is what people think of various categories.
Last years Awards:
- Best Religious Writing or Theological Commentary - Single entry
- Best Religious Writing or Theological Commentary - Best of class
- Best Review or Cultural Commentary
- Best Anecdote or Narrative - Single entry
- Best Anecdote or Narrative - Best of class
- Best Design or Use of Visuals
- Best Links
- Best Writing
- Best Online Community or Group Blog
- Best Non-UU-Themed Blog
- Best UU-Themed Blog
- Foreign language (though it would be hard to judge).
- Best new blog?
- Best political commentary?
- Best minister blog?
- Best lay blog?
Suggestions? Volunteers? Comments? Opinions?
Anyone care to right up a description of the Blog Categories?