Sunday, December 24, 2006

Holiday Song

If, like others, you are looking for something fun and singable at a holiday celebration (yeah I know I am probably way too late on this, maybe next year) then I would recommend checking out Where is the light? by Peter Mayer. If my 3 year old can start singing "The light's inside of me" the day after hearing it for the first time then it seems to be a catchy and easy to remember tune. The five year old loves it as well. We had to play it 3 times in a row on the way home from rehearsing for the holiday play. It was wonderful.

Oh, I always thought that the phrase "If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it's good enough for me." had to be Urban Legend. And I do see it referenced at snopes. I thought who could possibly not realize what they consider "normal" is actually a translation? After reading the UU Enforcer calling the German version of "Stille Nacht" the messed up version I guess people can be that silly.

Oh well, whatever you sing I hope you sing it with joy in your heart. Happy Holidays everybody!

No comments: