Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Down for maintenance

Minor issue with the new host (mostly my own fault) will cause some downtime tonight should be starting at 9:00 PM Eastern Time. I am getting to know the new hosting offering. I went with http://myhosting.com/ because they had a pretty good deal on VPS plans. So far, not so bad., a lot to like but customer service seems difficult to get a hold of. If you are going the VPS route with them be prepared to fend for yourself. On the plus side you have lots of power, on the down side you can use that power to shoot yourself in the foot. Kinda like I did. What the company lack in service is made up in the offering. The CPU, RAM, etc. for the price is way better than any other VPS (with a decent track record) I could find. Downtime is expected to be anywhere from an hour to two (hopefully not much more).

No comments: